Thursday, December 24, 2009

Be a "Yes" girl!



As I was reading through my Bible about the Christmas story, I realized that Mary must of been shocked when an angel appeared and said that she will give birth to a son. And she asked "How will this be, since I am a virgin?".

Mary was a teenager just like us. But she didn't put her foot down and say "No. I am not going to give birth to a Son of God.". She said "I am the Lord's servant, may it be to me as you have said.".

"Saying 'yes' to God, like Mary did, often requires sacrifice. When God brings an opportunity into our lives, we might lose friends, give up our plans or just be plain misunderstood.

But just as Mary experienced, saying yes to God's plan is worth it. She was given the awesome privilege of being the mother of Jesus. Can you imagine how she would have felt if she'd say no?

When God gives you and opportunities to say yes to Him, remember the angel's final words to Mary: "Nothing is impossible with God.".

Above was taken from my Bible, I wanted to share it with you, as well. Because it spoke to me and changed who I want to be. I want to be a "Yes" kind of girl. Even, if it means giving up my computer, or giving up my friends, or giving up my life. I will do anything and/or give anything up for God.

I found this clip from the movie: "The Nativity Scene". It is when Mary was by herself and the angel appeared in front of her and gave her the news.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing post! Thank you so muchfor sharing this with us. You have such an amazing blog.

Many blessings,
Maggie
www.behindtheteencsene.blogspot.com

Nancy M. said...

Awesome! You really get it!

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog! I hope you enjoyed this post. I love getting comments. Leave me as many comments you want. But make sure you keep them inspirational, and clean.

Thanks!